Gestalt workshop: Working with complex trauma – Graham Colbourne:
- Topic: Working with complex / developmental trauma
- Leader: Graham Colbourne
- Organizer: Łódzka Szkoła Gestalt
- Deadline: 19 April 2024 10:00 – 21 April 2024 18:00
- Number of hours: 24 training hours
- Place:Headquarters of the Lodz Gestalt School, 125 Piotrkowska Street, Lodz
- Language: English
- Translation: Polish
“In this workshop I am offering support in developing effective practice for experienced psychotherapists working with clients who have grown up in family situations where there is violence/abuse/intrusion, neglect or chaos/insecurity.
As practitioners we are holding clients whose day to day lives and relationships often include fear, terror, confusion, depression, shame, addiction, hopelessness, rage and emptiness. As we encounter these clients, we are reminded of our own lives and histories. In addition, we resonate with what the client brings – in our bodies, impulses and feelings.
Often, I find that when we can work with this level of complexity and challenge, we can become more effective working with other clients too!”
A workshop dedicated to experienced Gestalt therapists and trainers!
Gestalt workshop: Working with complex trauma – support to:
- Navigate this shared human landscape of distress;
- Together with the client, increasingly make sense of what is happening moment to moment and over time;
- Reflect on what is happening in order to become more effective in helping
- Sustain yourself and clients into a novel and more healthy lived relationship and existence with you and in their world
- Plan and monitor this process of healing in the context of the unique developmental themes and complex trauma of each client
- Build your own robustness, ground and presence to meet the clients skilfully in whatever they bring