Below you will find the code of ethics of the PTPG – Polish Association for Gestalt Psychotherapy. We also make the full version of the code available below in PDF format.
CODE OF ETHICS OF THE POLISH ASSOCIATION FOR GESTALT PSYCHOPSYCHOTHERAPY
Here is the updated Code of Ethics applicable to persons and entities who are members of the
Polish Association for Gestalt Psychotherapy (PTPG).
The aim of this code of the psychotherapist profession is to indicate the basic values and norms and to establish standards for the professional practice of Gestalt psychotherapists and centres training in Gestalt psychotherapy. Moreover, the Code is to be a source of knowledge about Gestalt psychotherapy (an approach from the group of humanistic-experiential approaches) and to serve the protection of the interests of those people who are clients of Gestalt psychotherapists.
Gestalt psychotherapists are responsible for adhering to the principles contained in the Code of Ethics,
It is advisable, however, that they see them as a starting point for further development of widely understood rules of good professional practice, rather than a closed set of once and for all formulated
requirements. The Code serves to protect the interests of clients and psychotherapists by setting standards clearly defining the framework of professional practice and responsibility in the psychotherapy process.
The basic aim of psychotherapy is to work towards improving the psycho-physical and social condition of
of individuals, social groups in the process of building a psychotherapeutic relationship. Principles
Code create a platform for resolving potential problems and conflicts that may
arise in this process between two or more parties. Let us add that an important value for
Gestalt psychotherapists is to solve problems in dialogue and through the exchange of views,
and not based on a hierarchical system of rigidly formulated rules and the various resulting
Part I – Code of ethics
Code of ethics – Basic ethical principles of a Gestalt psychotherapist
- Every human being is equally precious to us.
- We respect the uniqueness, individuality and dignity of the individual.
- We respect differences in race, ethnicity, background, gender, sexual orientation or preference, disability, age, religion, language, social status.
- or sexual preference, disability, age, religion, language, social or economic status and spiritual needs.
- or economic status and spiritual needs.
- We recognise the right to independence and self-determination of each person entering into an
- interpersonal relationship.
PTPG Code of Ethics – download the entire Code in PDF format in Polish HERE.